Thanks to Serena being here she has a habit of taking pictures of everything she eats. So I have lots of food pictures.
squid at a market. ~33 B = $1

lots of sushi vendors.

we went to this hot pot chain restaurant that was delicious. the receipt also tells you how many calories you consumed each, and how many minutes of exercise we need. I think we consumed ~1100 each and we need like 40 minutes of exercise.

coffee shops are great here, because coffee can be grown nearby.

I'm sitting down then Serena comes back with this waffle.

crunchy larvae

khao soi, a northern curry noodle dish. pretty delicious, but heavy. a real cure for a hangover.

we then went to a hot pot buffet restaurant -- like 4-5 dollars all you can eat. afterwards, the soup was all green maybe we cooked too many vegetables in it. this meal tasted great but made me feel kind of funny.

a school cafeteria lunch.

lunch at a coffee shop. omelette with rice.

rambutan, the fuzziest fruit there is. tastes like not as sweet lychee.

curry pineapple soup at the best Thai restaurant in Thailand, says my guidebook. I agree.

another thing from there. they specialize in Southern Thai food/Indonesian food, so there's roti involved.

fruit vendors.

Serena, Caitlin, and me -- our fruit feast back at the hotel. so much sugar.

the inside of a mangosteen. it's the "queen of fruits" in Thailand. it's also my favorite I can eat a bag of them. the "king of fruits" is durian, the smelly fruit.

lychee and Serena's hand.

wawee coffee shop in Chiang Mai.

omg you're eating so many delicious foods! i'm really curious: were the larvae good? i also like that the rice is in a perfect rectangular cube.
ReplyDeleteI didn't eat the larvae :P
ReplyDeleteI'm not so into the critters.