Wat Phnom a monkey and a cat are friends, here. The temple, on a hill, is related to the name of the city. Apparently after dark it turns into a pick up place for local Cambodians. It's right next to the American Embassy.
Creepy Market the strangest market that I've been too. Indoors, smells like dried fish, dark, and rows and rows of (used?) women's clothes.
Killing Fields at the killing fields closest to the city (there were many all over Cambodia), this is where prisoners at Tuol Sleng were killed. There's a monument here with many many skulls. You can walk around, and literally see teeth and bone fragments in the ground.
Friends we met up with Lucy, Limyi, and Caitlin (I knew Caitlin from Brown). They're part of One World (well, Caitlin was but now she's doing human trafficking research), doing summer internships in pp. I got to see and hear about some of the NGO work going on.
Royal Palace great collection of stuff. I followed a Chinese tour group around and got to practice my Chinese.
Tuol Sleng a school turned into a prison from '71 to 75. It's creepy. Still looks like a school. Right in the middle of the city.
Serena just left from Chiang Rai and will spend a day in Bangkok before going home. lots of adventure, including zip lines, renting motorcycles in Chiang Mai, and lots of food and fruit.
-mo
No comments:
Post a Comment