Thursday, June 18, 2009

Wai Kru ceremony


The Wai Kru ceremony, literally Wai (bow) to teacher, has every freshman student (2500 of them) go in front of the teachers and bow. It takes 4 hours, so I got to cancel a lot of class. 



The freshman go through SO much hazing, it's ridiculous. They were woken up at 4 am before the ceremony by the seniors to do activities. Usually they just line up and wear bandanas and march around. Every afternoon they're in the gymnasium all sitting in the ground, and I tried to peek in but no one lets me see. 


We found a cool waterfall about 5 miles from school. It's beautiful. Most people seemed to use it as a place to drink, though.


At the market. This is heaven for residents of 181, especially you Aviad.
 

Rambutan. I like how they look. They taste pretty good too, like a lychee.
 

3 comments:

  1. We could clear that market in 24 hours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. your video doesn't work! it says i have to be your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so much rambutan! i am so jealous :)

    ReplyDelete