Friday, June 5, 2009

Bangkok

got here yesterday night, and took a taxi into the city. stayed at a guest house for the night near Khao San. it's kind of like a backpacker's area that is full of cheap hotels (you just get a room, no a/c, and shared bathrooms) and bars, but open late which is convenient for international arrivals.

hot.

the weirdest thing happened yesterday, for my flight from SF to Japan, I was seated next to a Brown '09 student who I'd never met. Alvin was his name, and he was flying to Indonesia. what are the chances?!

flying again tonight into Chiang Rai. until then!

3 comments:

  1. Found seriously cheap flights to Chiang Rai... See you there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness, that's quite the coincidence.

    I like that commencement photo--there's a great contrast between the surly police officer and our wild enthusiasm

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha i know alvin! that is really coincidental though.

    ReplyDelete