Hidden in a tiny street off the highway is a huge olympic sized 50m pool, and I went swimming there (I'm terrible at swimming but it's great).
I am sharing a lane, and I'm swimming, swimming, and my head hits the head of someone coming the other way. I realize that because you drive on the left side of the road here, you probably swim on the left side of the lane as well..
In other news, the three of us got motorcycles (there's really no other way to get around). They're pretty easy to ride, and the drivers here are surprisingly safe. I haven't had any close calls, which I can't say about biking in Providence..
We rode to the Golden Triangle (border of Laos, Myanmar, and Thailand) today, and it's pretty beautiful. Just like you'd imagine rural Thailand to be. I got to see the Mekong river which I have always wanted to see. I forgot my memory card but I'll get pictures from someone else's camera.
There is a GREAT Saturday night market in town. It's easily the best night market I've been to, and we were only able to see half of it. So much great food and stuff to buy (not your generic market goods, either) and even if you don't want food or things to buy, well, it's still great.
Pictures to come!
Wait till you see a Taiwanese night market. JK.
ReplyDeletehahahaha
ReplyDelete