Hi all,
I just finished my job at illustrious Mae Fah Luang University (wiki entry here which includes a sarcastic paragraph by an unhappy foreign teacher -- can you spot it?).
Whew.
Teaching English is a great experience - you see English's role as an international language (500 years ago, it would have been a wild thought that everyone in Thailand would have to study English), you see with your own eyes how languages are learned and changed (Tinglish, or Thai English has its own unique set of words and grammar), you get students to do your own teaching "experimentation" on (which can be quite entertaining and fascinating) - but I'm done as an English teacher. I just know that.
Anyways:
I will travel to Burma for six days, Taiwan for a month (including a bike trip around the island which I am pretty excited for; and a visit from my sister who has a break from school), Malaysia on April 22, China on April 26. Other plans are in the works!
Chiang Rai, Thailand is great. It's an immensely fun and comfortable and friendly place to live or travel -- I highly recommend it if you ever travel in these parts. There are so many beautiful places, delicious places, and places to explore.
-Mo
No comments:
Post a Comment