One night I sayed at an elephant camp with a homestay. It was 15 dollars including meals; here's the room. It was pretty comfortable but too many roosters around to wake you up.
I followed this sign to the elephant cemetary. I didn't really know what I was looking for, so I never found the cemetary. What does an elephant cemetary look like?
Instead I found this live elephant.
Here's breakfast. Afterwards, I got some salted fish and sticky rice.
In the middle is the host, who has ran that homestay for 15 years, and makes about 4 dollars a day. On the two sides are two Japanese tourists, Maria and someone else, who love this camp so much that they have flown here 15 times in 5 years. They are teachers in Japan but want to be elephant trainers too.
I'd never ridden an elephant so I gave it a shot. It's kind of interesting, but I'm glad I only paid for the 10 minute ride.

There is a paper factory, where they use the dung and mix it to turn it into all sorts of paper things.
They have elephant shows for tourists and at the end the elephants paint some pictures which are sold for 15 dollars. Not bad for 10 minutes of elephant work.
I followed this sign to the elephant cemetary. I didn't really know what I was looking for, so I never found the cemetary. What does an elephant cemetary look like?
Instead I found this live elephant.
Here's breakfast. Afterwards, I got some salted fish and sticky rice.
In the middle is the host, who has ran that homestay for 15 years, and makes about 4 dollars a day. On the two sides are two Japanese tourists, Maria and someone else, who love this camp so much that they have flown here 15 times in 5 years. They are teachers in Japan but want to be elephant trainers too.
I'd never ridden an elephant so I gave it a shot. It's kind of interesting, but I'm glad I only paid for the 10 minute ride.
There is a paper factory, where they use the dung and mix it to turn it into all sorts of paper things.
They have elephant shows for tourists and at the end the elephants paint some pictures which are sold for 15 dollars. Not bad for 10 minutes of elephant work.
that's awesome that they use elephant dung to make paper. why dont we do that.
ReplyDelete